Chapter 10 Give Freebies
This does not mean that you give out free products. It could very well be a simple eBook on a particular subject or free wallpaper.
For example, if you have a website that is related to IT you could give wallpapers or screen savers that you have designed. Many people do this, but they ask for contact information as well. This is really a waste because the only reason for this contact information is to send out newsletters and as we have already seen, newsletters are really not all that effective.
By giving it free without anything in return, you will be generating more interest in your site. Interest will spread by word of mouth and you will find people visiting you simply to download what you have to offer.
If you are opening a medical-related site, giving out a short 10 or 20 page eBook on some ailment, say diabetes, will only do good. Of course, if this book is not a good one you will be better off not offering it for free as the reputation that you will receive will be bad. If you give out an informative well-written book or a really nice looking wallpaper, people will talk about your site and ultimately the amount of publicity generated will be greater than if you had spent 10 times as much as you did for what you gave away.
The Newbie Guide to Traffic Generation
- Chapter 1 Increase Traffic to Your Website
- Chapter 2 Web Content
- Chapter 3 Don’t Send Newsletters
- Chapter 4 Become a Community Member
- Chapter 5 Get Experts to Write Articles
- Chapter 6 Use Tracking Software
- Chapter 7 Use of Keyword Tools
- Chapter 8 Copy Others
- Chapter 9 Focus on the Popular Portions of Your Site
- Chapter 10 Give Freebies
- Chapter 11 Advertise!
- Chapter 12 Build a Brand
- Chapter 13 The Right Software is Essential
- Chapter 14 Optimize Content
- Chapter 15 Meta-tags
- Chapter 16 Blog
- Chapter 17 Hold-off on Comments
- Chapter 18 Have a Sitemap
- Chapter 19 High Traffic Days!
- Chapter 20 Use Online Communities
- Chapter 21 Be Patient
- Chapter 22 Be Nice
- Chapter 23 Conclusion